Italy trip - Rome


Hello, everybody,

Today I am sharing my thoughts on Rome, the last stop on our trip to Italy. 
By train from Florence it takes like 2 hours to get to Rome and the train ride was very smooth.

In the beginning I thought Rome might be too crowdy and commercial for my taste, but despite the crowdiness, I can honestly say I liked this city very much.
It is like walking on history itself and we really walked - in one of the 3 days we stayed there, we walked 23 km :)

Accomodation:

We stayed in a hotel which was both close to the train station and the city center - Hotel Miami.
I recommend the hotel: it was clean, the bed was comfy, air conditioning was brand new.
The room itself and the bathroom were not that big, but we managed :)
The only thing that might bother you could be the noise of the street, if you have a room with street view. Right across the hotel there is a bar with outside terrace and they have live music.
I guess if you are tired, you will sleep anyhow :), but some ear plugs might help as well. 

Another good thing about the location of the hotel is the street it is on - Via Nazionale. There are many clothing stores on both sides of the street and I bought a lot of clothes, on sale of course :)

What to do:

Well, start walking and just get lost and you will see a lot of beautiful places, besides the well known ones. For these very well known I suggest you go there early in the morning, if you want to take some decent pictures.
Otherwise, they are extremely crowded. 

The sunsets are very beautiful - just go near the bridges and walk towards Vatican. 
The views are just magnificent close to sunset. 

And for more shopping :), you can always go to an outlet which is outside the city and it had good prices - Castel Romano Designer Outlet. You have to go to the train station and from there you take a special bus - you buy the tickets just before entering the bus. 

Colosseum





Piazza Navona




Piazza di Spagna


Piazza del Quirinale



Vatican



Sunsets





Fontana di Trevi


Castel Romano Designer Outlet



Ice Cream Boutique on Via Nazionale


Where to eat:

There are many place to eat, but we really wanted to a good and fresh pizza to go.
The place we went to is called Pinsere and they make it on the spot in front of you. It is by far one of the best pizza to go I have ever eaten. I highly recommend it. 


For more beautiful travel pics follow me here: https://www.instagram.com/miss_green85/



You can also find me on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/gionela85


Long live the green!
Ionela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carmel by the sea

Italy trip - Genova

Italy trip - Cinque Terre