San Francisco - part one



Hello, everybody,


Long time, no posting on this channel. 
Well, let's change that for a while, because it just happens that these days I am visiting SUA and I started my trip with San Francisco. 
Because I am staying here for 4 days, I will probably post at least 2 posts with this lovely city.
But let's start with the travel accomodations and let me tell you how I got here and where I am staying. 
I flew here from Paris, because there is no direct flight from Bucharest. Air France was the winning airline and it was one long, but extra smooth flight. I would definetely fly with them again. 

Accomodation:

It was quite difficult, because wherever I looked and checked reviews, everybody was saying bad stuff not only about the hotels themself, but all places seemed to be shady, because the homeless population is very intense. 
Now that I am here, I can see why. They are everywhere and they are really creepy. 
As such, I managed after intense research to find a good place, where I have to say that there are almost no homeless people around. It was expensive (like everything around here actually), but I would pay anything to feel safe. 
The hotel itself (Touchstone Hotel) seems ok-ish in terms of cleanliness, although I would reccomend some good dusting and removing all the carpets. 
The room is very small - in order to open the suitcase, I have to put it on the bed :)
Bring slippers with you - they are a must. I would not enter the bathroom or shower without them.










Where to eat:

Well, last time I visited SUA I didn't like anything. I lost a couple of kilos, which was not a bad thing :). 
This time around I really wanted to like something :) and I managed to do so.
I tried the burger from In and Out chain and I was impressed actually.
I also tried the Clam chowder which is not bad, but is full of flour or something, in order to make it dense. 
If you go to Pier 39, for sure you will have enough places where to choose from. 
We still have to go to Little Italy and Chinatown to try something from there, so stay tuned for the next post. 
You also have to try the Coke with Orange Vanilla - it is the best coke ever. 
I can't reccomend any restaurants, because I don't think we'll do restaurants, since we are on a budget :)

In and out cheeseburger


Clam chowder


Cookie dough ice cream




Krispy Kreme donuts - way too much sugar




What to do:

Well, plenty: Union square, Ferry building market place, The Emabracadero, Pier 39, Cable Car Museum, take a ride with a cable car, Russian hill, Nob Hill,  Ghirardelli square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit tower, Painted ladies, the famous Golden Gate bridge, Golden gate park, Japanese tea garden, etc
See below a few pictures of what we've seen so far:

Wandering the streets













Pier 39









The city by night



Lombard street







Cable car






Oakland bay bridge



Russian hill and Nob hill









Other tips: 

Take Bart from the airport to reach downtown San Francisco.
Go to T-mobile and take a prepaid SIM card - ask for the tourist plan - we paid 40 dollars and it has 10 GB of data.
For shopping tips, wait for my next SF post :)

For more beautiful travel pics follow me here: https://www.instagram.com/miss_green85/



You can also find me on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/gionela85


Long live the green!
Ionela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carmel by the sea

Italy trip - Genova

Italy trip - Cinque Terre