San Francisco - part 2


Hello, everybody,

As promised, I am sharing a few more tips and tricks from San Francisco, including some shopping tips :)
But before getting to the good part, let me share the not so good parts :D
Remember I told you that there are homeless people around? well, they are almost everywhere.
I wouldn't recommend going alone in certain areas, or maybe avoid those areas at all costs. 
Just google the bad neighbourhoods from SF and you will find plenty of info. 

Tenderloin for example is one of those bad areas and you have no idea how close it is to the city center. Somehow I thought it was somewhere on the outskirts, but I was saddenly surprised. 
We actually managed to enter the area, without even realizing. There was police around and we noticed some shady people and quickly made a turnaround. 
When this happened we were actually trying to go on foot to a Best Buy shop, in order to buy a converter for my straightening iron :)
And since I shared this story, let me tell you that without a converter, you have no use for our european plugs.

Pay attention to the word converter - not adaptor. You have to convert the electricity from 110 V to 220 V. 
I manged to find a converter at Target, but it is not so strong - the laptop works, but the straightening iron does not, because it needs much more power than the converter has, in order to convert the damn electricity :D 

As for the Golden gate bridge - this time of the year it is under fog like all the time. If you want to take a dreamy picture, you will be dissapointed. 

Twin Peaks area, from where you can see SF from above was a waste of time - fog, fog, fog. 


Ok, let me tell you about the shopping part :)

Market street has a lot of good shops - but pay attention where on Market street you are, because not all of it is on the good side :) - you need to be close the the ocean and up to Union square, where you also can find Macy's and Bloomingdales. 
If you want some good deals, look for Ross, Dress for less and Marshalls - both of them are on Market street, very close to each other. I bought a lovely MK bag at 120 dollars (MK price was around 400 dollars). Both stores have name brands items at low prices - around 80% off the price, which is quite a bargain. 

Fillmore street is also nice - a lot of good shops - I bought my pink blazer featured here from there. 

And last, but not least, if you have a car, go to Vacaville Premium outlets - 70 km away from SF. We stayed there like more than 5 hours and some money were spent, let me tell you :)
All premium brands have more than 50% off the price. 

I will leave you with a few pictures from SF down below:




Japanese tea garden - a must see







The foggy Golden gate bridge


Land's end - another must see






Painted ladies and other lovely houses from a posh area







For more beautiful travel pics follow me here: https://www.instagram.com/miss_green85/




You can also find me on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/gionela85

Long live the green!
Ionela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carmel by the sea

Italy trip - Genova

Italy trip - Cinque Terre