Carmel by the sea


Hello, everybody,


So, let me tell you what happened after San Francisco. 
Next stop was Carmel by the sea, lovely little town down the coast where we stayed for 2 nights.
Looking back, I wish I stayed more there, because it was an amazing place to be. It was very quiet, the architecture of the houses was just like in fairytales and the beach was very close. 

Let's start from the beginning though :) - we had an adeventure with the rental car. We made an online reservation with Hertz and when we arrived there, they did not like the fact that the credit card was in my name and I wasn't the driver. 
My husband does not have a credit card, he has only a Revolut card which did not work and a debit card which, thank God, worked (although, usually debit cards are tricky). As such, make sure you have a credit card when you come here. 

The drive to Carmel was ok - it was like 2-3 hours drive and we reached the city in the evening, when all the lights were on and it was dreamy.

Then, during the day we just started walking around and got lost on the streets on purpose. The houses during the day were just as spectacular as they were in the evening time.
I had the feeling that I will run into Hansel & Gretel at a certain point :)

There are also plenty of shops, and not just any shops :).
And a very nice Coach outlet store with 70/80% off.

Accomodation:

We stayed at Carmel Oaks Inn, which was ok-ish, but seemed quite dusty and aged. Once again I do not understand why hotels still have carpets inside the rooms, but then again, I do have my slippers and I do not spend too much time inside the room.
The breakfast they offered was not for my taste - you are better off without it. There are plenty of chic places where you can eat.


Carmel at night 














Carmel during the day






















Here are some pics from the hotel room:










For more beautiful travel pics follow me here: https://www.instagram.com/miss_green85/




You can also find me on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/gionela85

Long live the green!
Ionela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy trip - Genova

Italy trip - Florence